A message from the Principal...
Our Lady of Grace Catholic School!
Our Lady of Grace Catholic School serves a diverse community, and models Christ through Unity, Truth, and Love to create a balance of spiritual, academic, and social growth.
We focus on living Christ’s message as we work together to create “Gracious Space.” By recognizing parents as the primary educators of our students, all shareholders work as a team providing opportunities for individuals to develop as critical thinkers with a strong sense of self-worth. This is exhibited by their Christ-like approach to all people.
Our Lady of Grace Catholic School History
On September 19, 1947, Our Lady of Grace was established by the Most Reverend John J. Mitty, Archbishop of San Francisco. During this time, ground was broken for Our Lady of Grace Church, and a small congregation was established. Eight years later in 1955, under the guidance of Reverend Patrick Stack (for whom our Stack Center is named), Our Lady of Grace School was established. Nine members of the Carmelite Sisters of Charity arrived from Madrid, Spain to greet 250 students in grades 1-4. One class was added each year until the school served students in grades 1-8.
On July 1, 1980, Our Lady of Grace Parish was transferred to the California Augustinians with Father Vincent McGarvey, OSA, serving as pastor. The Augustinians continued to serve the parish and school until June 30, 2015.
As of July 1, 2015, Our Lady of Grace Parish and School are served by the Conventual Franciscan Friars of California.